After creating her own Coat of Arms for a middle school project, Charlotte had always wondered about her family history. When she married in 2002, she finally sat down and started working on learning more. Charlotte feels like a detective through time trying to find the clues and missing pieces to the puzzle of a family tree.
Charlotte taught herself the basics of genealogy and some advanced practices through many research experiences. She also attends webinars and genealogical conferences to improve her skills and to learn new ways of doing genealogy.
Charlotte’s art and design experience began at the Savannah College of Art and Design. She then decided to teach herself the skills for photography and eventually design work in Photoshop. She has designed logos and gradually added in creating T-Shirts from the design stage to the final product.
After many years of learning basic HTML, Charlotte progressed into WordPress websites as it leaves more time for getting all of the information needed on a site and making it perfect without the worry of the basic coding.
Charlotte will provide services for family lineage research and preservation, single record or single research question searches, and post adoption cases. She can create family history websites for family sites or family organizations and teach you how to edit and add to it. She can create Family Reunion designs for t-shirts and make the shirts for you. As a budding writer she would be able to write or help you edit your written family history. Charlotte can help with preserving your photos, documents and film via scanning and a film scanner. With those scanned images she can create beautiful heirloom books of your family history. Charlotte can also restore old photos that may have bad color balance, tears, etc.
MEMBERSHIPS, EDUCATION AND ACTIVITIES
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- International Society of Genetic Genealogy
- Attended Savannah College of Art and Design
- Project Coordinator for the WikiTree Ambassadors Project
- Volunteer for WikiTree as a Greeter, DNA Helper, Adoption Angel and researcher
- GenProof Study certification (Nov 2017)
- More than 15 years experience searching in the United States and the United Kingdom
- Areas of specialty include (but are not limited to): the U.S (19th and 20th century), England, DNA, Post Adoption Cases, Genealogy Education, Preservation
DESIGN AND CREATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE
- 20+ years of photography and scanning experience
- 20+ years of Web Design experience
- 6+ years of graphic design experience
- 5+ years of WordPress experience